Monday, May 25, 2009

May 19th, Emeril L book signing

For those who know me, know that I am a big fan of the Food Network. I love to watch cooking, I love to cook, and to learn about different cultures when it comes to cooking. The food network provides all of these and more. During the day, after Dora the Explorer, Diego, Wonderpets, Sesame Street and so forth, I would watch the Food Network. I watched all the shows, 30 min meals with Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, Bobby Flay, Diners Drive ins and Dives, Guys big bite, Unwrapped, Good Eats with Alton Brown, Barefoot Contessa, Everyday Italian with Giada D, and Emeril Live with Emeril Lagasse, so on. These are the shows i like, these are what i watch. Amelia would watch these shows with me, they interested her and from the time she could talk she would repeat what they would say. They would say Olive oil she would call it oliboil, ha ha. She knew how the people were, accept when Emeril would come on she would always ask who that was and i would always tell her. I think the cooking shows really inspired her to be in the kitchen with me. We made a few things together and she enjoyed it. When i found out Emeril was coming to Bethlehem, my home town to do a book signing and he was opening a new restaurant in our area, I was stoked. Finally i get to meet someone from the food network. Emeril is big! The day of the book signing you had to get up early and be outside in line to get a wrist band. I made it there and i was number 59 in line. I was impressed with myself. So proud. I got my books and my wrist bands and was all set for later tonight for the book signing. Only getting a few hours of sleep, if you have been reading my blog you will know that i haven't slept much since Amelias passing. I found out during my wait in line that Emeril is accepting gifts and that he loves children's art work. I knew what i had to do. During a episode of Emeril Live, Amelia was drawing a picture. I knew i was going to give it to Emeril. Louie got the picture ready which was already in a beautiful frame, 11x17 frame, so it was pretty big. We put one of Amelias pictures in the corner of the frame for Emeril. Standing in line seemed like forever, even though we had our wrist bands. Finally, we are next in line. His representative took the art work and i explained to her that this is my daughters picture and she just passed away 4 weeks ago. The girl sympathised with us and said it was beautiful. We walked up to his table, and he said hi, i said hi and then he said who should i make this out to. Gave him my name and then held the art work up for him. I said Emeril, this is a piece of art work that my daughter drew while watching Emeril Live, he said would you like me to autograph it, and i said no i would rather you have it, she passed away 4 weeks ago and it would mean a lot to me if you had it. He was honored, he wrote out the other three books and my mom told him we have reservations at his new place on Saturday night at 9 pm. He said please make sure you say hi and let me know your there. I will remember you, He then shook our hands and once again apologised for our loss. I couldn't believe it, i met Emeril and he now had a picture that my baby drew. I know if she was here she would have been even happier than i was.

No comments:

Post a Comment